That said, she always did remind me of a poor man’s Catherine Deneuve. She has the same elegant, demure, vulnerable, rather girl-like, and – I’ll admit – very French persona. Unlike Mlle. Deneuve, though, Mlle. Mimieux was in more than her share of classic B’s.
One of my personal favorites of those is The Time Machine, where Yvette portrays a very fetching Eloi. In fact, I’m pretty sure I had a major crush on her Weena back when I was ten or so.
BTW, she still looks great today.
- The Neptune Factor
- The Delta Factor
- Hit Lady
- Journey into Fear
- Snowbeast *
- Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell *
* - author has seen
- DEAN GOES FOR YVETTE...YVETTE GOES FOR DEAN...and the whole town goes ape over a quartet of olive-pickin' chimps!
- Mickey Spillane. His Gut-Ripping! ... Face Splattering! ... Adventure Turns a Caribbean Paradise into a Bullet-Riddled Island of Hell!
- The storekeeper's daughter! The midnight fight! In the path of the speeding killer-cruiser! "The Three Brutes!" (?!?!)
- Lorinda Nibley
- Chi Chi Desnoyer
Number of Marriages: 3
- Once made a recording reading Beaudelaire’s Le Fleurs du Mal with Ali Akbar Khan’s ragas in the background
- Is into yoga, and created her own yoga fitness video
- Is an amateur anthropologist (?!?!)
Where can I learn more?
Yvette and friend