Not a bad actress at all, she garnered 61 credits over a 22-year career, including lots of TV, a couple of appearances as an Elvis babe, and bit parts in biggies such as Ocean’s Eleven, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, and Cape Fear.
She’s rather an interesting person – be sure to check out the “interesting tidbits,” below.
Embarrassing Real Name: Joan McConchie
Embarrassing Real Birthplace: Minneapolis
Cheesy Pageant Titles: Hollywood Deb Star, 1962
- Witchcraft a Go Go
- Valley of the Dragons
- The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (my all-time favorite movie as a kid) *
* - author has seen
- They go a million years back in time ... and land a million miles out in space!
- Space travelers in a world that time forgot!
- Mastodons! Dinosaurs! Flying reptiles! Humankind makes its last stand!
- Battle for survival – against brutal, bestial Neanderthals!
- Subterranean mole-men inflicting weird tortures on all captives!
Joan and friend
- Danish Stewardess
- Prostitute addict
- Okie Annie
Whiffs of Scandal: Playboy Playmate (though being Miss November 1958 means she didn’t even have to get naked)
- Was born aboard an airplane
- Was a child prodigy in the violin
- First appeared on film as such at age 8
- Her parents were missionaries, and her father was later an Army chaplain
- Attended high school in Munich and Paris
- Had a decent voice and sang backup for Sam Phillips
- Is now a consumer advocate and religious counselor for troubled youth
Where can I learn more?
That's Mr. Chicken on the left