* - author has her autograph
Most B-movie actresses typically don’t start out on Broadway. Adrienne Barbeau did though. In fact, she won a Theatre Guild Award and a Tony nomination for her role as Rizzo in Grease. So, it’s not exactly Lady MacBeth, but it is a notch up from the romantic interest in Swamp Thing.
Adrienne had no illusions about her appeal. Of Cannonball Run, she once said, “All the talent I needed was in my breastbone.” And of her turn as Maude's daughter in the TV show, she remarked:
What I didn't know is that when I said [my lines] I was usually walking down a flight of stairs and no one was even listening to me. They were just watching my breasts precede me.
Embarrassing Real Birthplace: Sacramento
- Valentine Magic on Love Island
- Scooby Doo on Zombie Island
- The Darker Side of Terror
- Swamp Thing *
- Burial of the Rats *
- Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
* - author has seen
- Science transformed him into a monster. Love changed him even more!
- Lock your doors. Bolt your windows. There's something in THE FOG!
- Look closely at your neighbor ... Trust no-one ... They might be THE THING
- Marquetta Dinovi
- Helga Von Guggen
- Dr. Letitia Peplau
- Toluca Lake
- Serksi the Gallactic Witch
Whiffs of Scandal:
- Worked as a go-go dancer in a Mafia-run New York City nightclub (check out this great – and very weird – sample of her moves)
- Was in an off-Broadway nudie musical called Stag Movie
- A fair amount of nude photos out there
- Is half Armenian
- Won the Cannonball Run
- Was a Star Trek babe
- Was married to horror director John Carpenter
- Gave birth to twins at age 51
- Has authored three books (a bio & 2 vampire novels)
- Has released an album of folk songs
Where can I learn more?
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!