* - author has her autograph
Linda Harrison will probably always be remembered as the cute, mute love interest in the Planet of the Ape series. She did, however, have at least 12 other movie and TV credits – and some of those with actual speaking parts!
I’m sorry – that was very catty. Linda is an incredibly beautiful woman, is also in one of my favorite movies of all time, and happens to be a very nice person. Check her out on her website and on the convention circuit.
Embarrassing Real Birthplace: Berlin (MD)
Cheesy Pageant Titles
- Fire House Queen
- Miss Berlin (MD)
- Miss Worcester County
- Miss Ocean City
- Miss Del-Mar-Va
- Airport 1975
- Way … Way Out
- Death Squad
- The Fat Spy *
- Midnight Massacre
*- author has seen
- Something hit us... The crew is dead... Help us, please, please help us!
- You'll be sorry you were ever born human
- Hunted . . . haunted . . . wanted . . . like beasts of prey!
- It's a killer ... a Diller ... a blast of laffs!
- Miss Stardust
- Woman in Cart
- Quinia Brutus
- Her family owned what was at one time the largest fruit tree nursery business in the U.S.
- Won first prize in the Delmarva Chicken Festival Talent Contest, at age 11
- Was fourth runner-up in the Miss America contest in 1965
- Was the first TV Wonder Woman (in a 1967 pilot)
- Appeared under the name Augusta Summerland, in Airport 75
- Along with Charlton Heston, was the only actor to appear in the original (1968) and remake (2001) of Planet of the Apes
- Is currently filming again after a hiatus of 15 years
Where can I learn more?
- Wikipedia (6400 words!)
- Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen
- Official website
- Interview 2
- The Forbidden Zone
- Cult Sirens