Though she actually didn’t make that many horror movies (and they weren’t all Hammer), she was not someone any viewer was likely to forget. She also did a wonderful job keeping her legacy alive, becoming a convention regular, operating her own website, writing articles for other sites and magazines, and always staying in character.
Her back story, by the way, is one of the most interesting I’ve ever run across. As a child, she actually spent three years in a Nazi concentration camp. And as a teen, she escaped from East Germany by diving in a river, swimming across, and marrying the U.S. soldier who rescued her.
Embarrassing Real Name: Ingoushka Petrov
Embarrassing Real Birthplace: Czestochowa, Poland
- The Sound of Horror
- Countess Dracula
- The Vampire Lovers
- The House That Dripped Blood *
* - author has seen
- Makes You Quiver and Quake!
- David Lynch meets The Brides of Dracula
- Vampires! Voodoo! Vixens! Victims!
- If you dare... taste the deadly passion of the BLOOD-NYMPHS
- The Leper
- Lady Violator
Number of Marriages: 3
Whiffs of Scandal: nudes
- Was discovered at a bullfight
- Was a member of the prestigious Berliner Ensemble, directed by Bertolt Brecht
- Made her film debut in Doctor Zhivago
- Was a judge on a BBC talent show
- Wrote ten books
- Was a huge cricket fan
- Had a pilot license and a black belt in karate
Where can I learn more?
One lump or two?