Embarrassing Real Name: Betty May Adams
Embarrassing Real Birthplace: Waterloo, IA
Cheesy Pageant Titles
- Miss Melon Patch
- Miss Little Rock
- Francis Joins the WACS (Francis is a mule)
- Slaughter on Tenth Avenue
- The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.
- Psychic Killer
- The Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Five desperate men ... and a girl who didn't care ... trapped on a mountain of gale-lashed rock!
- Screeching lead! Outlaw fury!
- LAWLESS RUTHLESS DEFIANCE!
- First it drives you mad, then it kills and kills and kills!
And a Happy New Year to you!
Shortest Marriage: 2 years
Unlikely Spouses & Boyfriends
- Ted Williams
- Rock Hudson
- Grew up in Arkansas
- Had her legs insured for $125,000 by Lloyds of London
- Played the only Perry Mason client to be convicted
- Won the Golden Boot Award (for her work in Westerns [not soccer])
- Won a Rondo Award (for her work in horror movies)
- Is in the Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame
- It’s such a common name, Google gives me a nurse, an educator, a real estate agent, a couple of lawyers, a marketing manager, a pair of doctors, an opera singer, a hair stylist, a state senator, and two professors … as well as our lovely actress
Where can I learn more?
- The Lucky Southern Star: Reflections from The Black Lagoon (her autobio)
- Personal site
- Interview 2
- Brian’s Drive-In Theater
- Elvis’s Women
Julie and friend