A quick look at some of her better stuff though (Black Sunday, for example) quickly disabused me of those notions. She really is something else. Those eyes. That eroticism. Her very belle laide (i.e., unconventional) beauty. Her ability to portray both the innocent and the evil – along with an uncanny ability to make that evil appear extremely attractive. She truly is one of a kind.
Embarrassing Real Birthplace: Birkenhead
- The She Beast *
- Nightmare Castle
- Castle of Blood
- Curse of the Crimson Altar
- Terror Creatures from the Grave *
- The Long Hair of Death
* - author has seen
Embarrassing Taglines with the Word “Orgy” in Them
- The living and the dead change places in an orgy of terror!
- They rise from dank coffins in the dead of night, murdering their victims in an orgy of slaughter!
- The Undead Demons of Hell Terrorize the World in an Orgy of Stark Horror!
Additional Embarrassing Taglines
- What obscene prayer or human sacrifice can satisfy the Devil-God?
- The candle of his lust burnt brightest in the shadow of the grave!
- His secret was a coffin named DESIRE!
- Cleo Hauff
- Grandma (Lost River, 2014)
- Studied to be a painter
- First acting gig was on Brighton Pier
- Was slated to be an Elvis girl, but walked off the set when they asked her to go blonde (with Barbara Eden taking her part)
- Was in Fellini’s masterpiece 8 ½
- Also worked in the spy (The Monocle), sword-and-sandal (Rampage of Evil), babes-behind-bars (Caged Heat), and sci-fi (The Space-Watch Murders) genres
- Is quite dismissive of her horror career
- Became a producer later in her career, winning an Emmy for War and Remembrance
- Was an associate producer on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
Where can I learn more?
- Interview 2
- Appreciation 2
- Cult Sirens
- Brian’s Drive-In Theatre
- Church of Halloween (pix)