Embarrassing Real Name: Brunhilde Jörns
Embarrassing Real Birthplace: Calvörde, Germany (pop. 3,000)
- In the Beginning Was Sin
- Land of Fury
- Savage Pampas
- Danger Grows Wild
- The Nylon Noose
Embarrassing Taglines: As most of Laya’s movies were in German, IMDb doesn’t list a lot of taglines for her. I did find this great description however:
A company's stockholders hold their meeting at a lonely mansion. A mad doctor conducting experiments in the mansion starts to strangle them one at a time with a nylon noose. The survivors must figure out a way to stop him.
- Lao Win Tan
- Betta Dudoit
- Kyro Caro
Whiffs of Scandal
- Long history of popping out of dresses, swimsuits, etc.
- On-screen nudity (quite a big deal in 1954)
- Having a record banned (see below) because “her ecstatic moaning was imitating coitus”
- Was the daughter of two acrobats
- Half German, half Indonesian
- Stage name came from the German actress La Jana and the Turkish drink raki
- Recorded two songs, "Faire l`amour" (“Making Love”) and "Oh Johnny hier nicht parken" (“Oh Johnny, don’t park here.”)
- Was married to Australian actor Ron Randell for almost 60 years
Where can I learn more?