Starting out as a Bond girl, Julie later did some Hammer flicks, then eventually moved onto the wink-wink-nudge-nudge sex comedies that kept the British film industry off life support. That last bunch includes such classics as:
- Not Now Darling
- It’s Not the Size That Counts
Now, she may not have been Merryl Streep, but Julie appears to have been a genuinely down-to-earth, warm, caring and very genuine person. Too bad she's not still around (she died of breast cancer in 2008, at age 64).
Embarrassing Real Name: Julie Dzuli
Embarrassing Real Birthplace: Hoyland, Norway
Pageant Titles: Miss Norway
- The Last Days of Man on Earth
- Creatures the World Forgot
- The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires *
- The Amorous Milkman
* - author has seen
- Deadly Horrors! Dragon Thrills! The First Kung Fu Horror Spectacular!
- See prehistoric love rites! See primitive chieftains duel in naked fury! See the young lovers sacrificed! See staked girl menaced by giant python!
- Inga Giltenburg
- Utta Armitage
- Wenche Berg
- Miss Dazzle
Unlikely Spouses & Boyfriends: Peter Sellers
Whiffs of Scandal: Penthouse Pet
- Began modelling at 16
- Once worked in a bicycle factory
- Came to the UK as an au pair
- Cut a couple of 45s
- Was in a Norwegian stage version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Worked as a nurse after retiring as an actress
- Grew her own food and made her own clothes
Where can I learn more?
- Naken (Naked), her autobiography
- Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen
- Obit 1
- Obit 2
- Movie posters